- Get some sales training and never take no for an answer. I saw a client last week and she said she could not afford to pay me, I decided I will not take no for an answer as she needed my services. I gave her a good deal if she agreed to take it today. I also said that return on investment is in 1000s, insist on return on investment as well. So she started thinking I will be able to make that money back within months so she took the offer.
- Learn to create a bigger network and raise investment so you could grow your business. Anyone who said you can grow your business without money lied to you.
- Focus on existing clients or people who trust you as they will buy from you easily, just go through your phone and email contacts and don’t assume that they will not buy. Most of my business comes from people I already know.
- Learn to get peoples attention when you start the conversation without having to brag about what you do. The same principle applies to your marketing material as well.
- Learn to build rapport and engage people emotionally as buying is an emotional decision.
- Ask everyone who has ever bought from you to recommend 5-10 people who would buy from you, you will be surprised at how many people you will find new to sell to. Make sure you get an introduction through them, it always works when someone they know is introducing.
- Either you are being sold to or you are selling so everyone is a potential customer so speak with everyone you meet in your life even if its buses, trains, flights, cabs, social media, party’s, meet-ups and social gatherings.
- When you are selling listen more and ask open questions to get to know the real problem or pain your product or service can solve for them, insist on the main problem solution at all times.
- Learn to create long term relationships in business. My long term relationships have paid me many times over the initial investment to find them.
- Provide more than expected and they will keep coming back to you.
Book Your 15 Mins Free Strategy Session With Jack
About Jack – Jack Dawhra is a Mentor | Consultant | Coach | Author | Speaker | Leadership and Executive Coach. Jack also provides Sales & Marketing Consulting & Training and Personal Development Programmes. Jack helps people become more successful and live a balanced and fun life. He also provides these services through one on one coaching sessions, videos, workshops and seminars.