Read this to save yourself time, money and the hassle-
- Make sure you do your due diligence before you start the business so understand the market, do your research before you start. I was once advised by a property consultant that if you spend 6 months looking for the right property, you will make more money than what you would make working for someone for 6 months in salary. So doing your research before starting is absolutely essential.
- Lean start-ups are better so you only spend the money you need to. No need for office, start from home. Do meetings at hotels or you can even get meeting places on hourly hire for minimal amount or the last scenario, get a shared office, save yourself money as you will need it at later for the growth of the company.
- Ideas do not matter execution does. I have seen the worst of the ideas taking off big time because of massive execution. Focus on action/execution and learn from the mistakes in the process and correct your course. Don’t sit around trying to learn the game first before you launch your idea, learn while executing. There is a saying that ‘there is nothing called mistakes but learning curves’.
- The initial stages of any business take a lot of strength, patience and persistence, don’t just give up, keep on going till you get where you need to. Once it gets the momentum, it gets a bit easy. However never take it easy easy because it only takes blink of an eye to lose the momentum.
- Borrow from friends and family if you have to start and then calculate the return on investment so you could raise more money as soon as you can.
- Conviction is the key to success so believe in yourself even if no one else does. If you believe in yourself, you will attract the clients, investors and everyone else who you need to be successful.
- In business, if you don’t measure the results, you will never be able to improve so make sure you put systems in place to measure the effectiveness of everything and keep improving.
- Cash flow and investment plays an important role in running successful businesses, make sure you are on top of it every single day.
- Learn to delegate what you don’t enjoy doing and focus on what you enjoy, you will grow much faster.
- Don’t take slow decisions, take them fast, you will never know everything to take the best decisions. Decision taking is like a muscle, the more you use, the better it gets so use it everyday and make it stronger, use your intuition as well.
- Learn and improve something every single day in your business and yourself. Build your business and yourself with it. First few of my businesses failed till one did really well and when I sold that business, not many people knew me outside my business so in my next venture I am making sure I build myself up as well so when I sell that business, I would not struggle to build another one.
- Read personal development books everyday, that alone will help you improve and expand your business exponentially, not just your business but will help you expand your vision exponentially.
- Get yourself a mentor who has been there and done it or someone who is more experienced than you are, this will help you grow and take decisions easily. If you have been running a small business and have hit a plateau, getting a mentor will make it easy to grow.
- Learn the sales and marketing skills as you will need them regardless of the business you are in. Get some training classes as it’s not something you can learn easily yourself.
- Learn public speaking skills, will help you with becoming more influential.
- Network at least 3-4 days a week to grow your business.
- Socialise with go-getters, passionate and action-oriented people, you will be surprised at how much you will learn about the success and happiness mindset.
- Focus not just on your business but observe how other businesses are growing, most of the times, same or similar strategies can be used in your business to grow.
- Invest in properties and other businesses as well as a business and personally.
- Not to mention stay away from negative people who put you down, unless you see them improving.
- Ask for help when you need it, if you don’t ask, you won’t get.
- Ask questions when you meet new people, everyone knows something or someone you don’t which may help you.
- Mindset plays the biggest role in life, learn from the most successful and happy people. If you go and interview ten successful and happy people, you will be considered the eleventh one.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with technology. It plays a big part in the success of modern businesses.
- Work with integrity and authentically, you will attract everything that you desire.
Would you like to learn more? I am writing a programme called ‘Success Happiness and Inner Peace’. Keep an eye…..Coming Soon
With love and Respect
About Jack – Jack Dawhra is an Entrepreneur | Author | Inspirational Speaker | Business | Leadership and Executive Coach. Jack also provides Mentoring, Sales Training, Marketing Consulting and Personal Development Programmes. Jack helps people become more successful and live a balanced and fun life. He also provides these services through one on one coaching sessions, videos, workshops and seminars.